Careers: Regional Photographer – East Anglia
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Press Association as a Regional Photographer covering East Anglia. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking news and sports pictures and video for the main wire and, from time to time, other editorial departments, for use by a wide range of customers, including newspapers, magazines, TV, and websites.
Taking primary responsibility for your ‘patch’ of East Anglia, you will also be expected to travel throughout the East Midlands, south east England and beyond, and participate in a weekend ‘on-call’ rota.
On appointment the successful candidate will be required to live within ten minutes’ drive of any of the junctions between 23 and 37 on the A14.
The successful candidate will possess:
- a proven expertise at the highest level in covering both news and sport;
- a proven ability to find their own off-diary picture stories;
- a flexible approach to the often irregular working hours the job entails;
- an understanding of the importance of social media in newsgathering;
- the necessary skills to shoot straightforward news video;
- an innovative approach to visual storytelling.
Please apply by email to Group Picture Editor Martin Keene (email@example.com) with the words East Anglia vacancy in the header.
Application close: Noon Tuesday May 2, 2017.
The company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.