The news and features writing course is the essential guide to writing for print and web. It delivers a foundation in the key principles of both writing styles, including article structure, style and vocabulary. So whether you are writing a column, profile piece, lifestyle content or a backgrounder, this course will give you the confidence to write anything.
Who Should Attend?
- Those working in public relations or who need to produce clear, accurate copy.
- Those in news and journalism who wish to develop their writing skills or those who want to break into the journalism industry
- Gain a solid basis in news article writing and what makes a good feature article, by both theoretical and practical application
- Effective news writing, copy writing
- Turn raw information into a publishable news report or feature
- Grab the reader's attention - writing with opinion or humour
- Identify the story angle
-Develop skills in story structure - how to lay out a news article, make introductions sharp and ensure complex information is easy to read
- Gain skills in writing, in both digital and print form
- Develop skills in style, vocabulary and research techniques
This course is ideal for those wanting to refresh and update their skills in news and feature writing. Our course trainers are all highly experienced in the field of news writing and are able to offer bespoke teaching schedules, tailored to each individual's needs.
Course Length: Two days
9:30am - 5:00pm
Price: £680 + VAT
Course Dates: April 20-21, May 21-22, June 29-30, August 17-18
292 Vauxhall Bridge Road
I really enjoyed this course. The trainer was engaging and clearly brought experience as a journalist and from other fields to this course."
Irish Times journalist