Careers: Search Trends Editor
The Press Association is looking for a talented Writer/Editor to join our team working on Microsoft search engine Bing as well as other projects. In this role, you will be writing engaging text, crafting an editorial calendar, researching dynamic photography, and working closely with a variety of partners to ensure the highest quality experience for users. Experience in an online publishing environment covering current events is required.
- Use search trends to generate content ideas
- Select visually appealing images and write short, engaging text that entices users to click through to great results
- Edit photos using advanced Photoshop techniques to enhance the image where necessary
- Maintain an editorial calendar of events relevant to the audience in the UK
- Edit content written by others
- Apply your knowledge of news, sports and entertainment to produce quizzes
- Contribute to a variety of editorial special projects that require writing, editing, and researching
- Cover breaking news in a timely fashion
- Familiarity with web searching and trending news stories
- Well-informed in the areas of news, sports, entertainment, and ‘water-cooler’ topics
- Excellent news judgment
- Strong editorial experience working as an editor or writer in a daily web publishing environment
- Excellent writing skills including headline and caption writing with flawless spelling and grammar
- Ability to convey features and functions in concise meaningful words
- Thorough understanding of online editorial best practices and priorities
- Ability to use online content management systems
- Great interpersonal skills; strong partner management experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and familiarise yourself with new topics quickly
- Experience of using web tracking and reporting tools
- A background in online research and experience making valid evaluations of quality
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Lisa.email@example.com by 29 March 2019.
The company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.