Careers: Senior Correspondent
The Press Association is looking for a senior journalist to work in the London bureau of an international English-language newspaper.
- Proven ability to land interviews and produce agenda-setting stories
- Presenting stories in exciting, multi-skilled ways
- Dealing with breaking news in a responsible and timely manner
- Re-writing copy to suit the publication’s style
- Writing interesting headlines designed to create online engagement
- Engaging with the audience through social media
- Undertake leadership responsibilities
- Must have worked in a newsroom, preferably at national level
- Proven ability to generate exclusives
- Wide range of interests from news and sport to culture
- Team player but with ability to be a self-starter
- Knowledge of the Middle East
- Experience of working in online news
- Experience of reading analytics and applying learning
- Experience of managing a team
- Must have journalistic qualification, including media law
Please note this role will be based in London and will involve shift working.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Lisa Mitchell, Head of Production
The closing date for applications is 14 December 2018.
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.