Careers: Senior Reporter
An opportunity has arisen for a senior journalist to join the fast-paced London bureau of a leader Middle East daily newspaper. The role would suit someone with business experience.
Main duties include:
- Reporting with a focus on financial news
- Originating news ideas
- Dealing with breaking news in a responsible and timely manner
- Attending diary events
- Updating newspaper website on designated shifts
The successful candidate must have experience of working in a newsroom, preferably at national level as well as experience of working in financial news. They will also possess excellent English and superb subbing skills.
We are looking for a team player who demonstrates the ability to be a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Experience of working in online news
- Wide range of interests from news and sport to culture
- Knowledge of the Middle East
Professional qualifications required:
- Recognised journalism qualification
- Media law
Please be aware this role involves some shift work at weekends and late evenings.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Lisa Mitchell, Head of Production
Closing date: 20th July 2018
The company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.